“Read Theory is a powerful educational tool that offers online reading activities for all ages and ability levels. Our custom web application adapts to students’ individual ability levels and presents them with thousands of skill building exercises that suit their needs.”
To track progress, students and teachers need to do the following…
- Students navigate to ReadTheory.org in their internet browser.
- Students sign up.
- Students log in.
- Students go to the “My Teachers” page.
- Students enter YOUR email address -the one you use to log in to ReadTheory- in the space provided.
- Students click the “Send Invitation” button.
- Teacher logs in.
- Teacher reviews pending student invitations on the My Students page.
- Teacher clicks the “Accept” button beside each invitation.
- Teacher goes to the Progress Reports page and begins to track progress.
*Note that progress will not show up until a student has taken the pretest and completed at least one program quiz.
Alternatively, you can manually set up your students via your teacher page by utilizing the “My Students” and “My Classes” tabs.
Earn Your Stripe
- Describe in the textbox how you used this to increase student learning.
- This tool allows students to seek feedback that informs and improves their practice and to demonstrate their learning
- If students are reviewing reading/writing skills
Alignment to the ISTE Standards and to SAMR is intended to help teachers understand the roles these technologies have in creating learning experiences. They are not meant to be concrete classifiers. Any other suggestions on the alignment of these may be forwarded to the Instructional Tech Dept. ISTE Standards for Students, ©2016, ISTE® (International Society for Technology in Education), iste.org. All rights reserved.
Tags: SAMR-S, S, ISTE-EL, EMPOWERED LEARNER