Read & Write
Boost reading and writing confidence across all types of content and devices, in class, at work, and at home!
Wonderfully intuitive and easy-to-use, Read&Write for Google Chrome™ provides personalized support to make documents, web pages and common file types in Google Drive (including: Google Docs, PDF & ePub) more accessible. It’s designed to help everyone engage with digital content in a way that suits his/her abilities and learning styles.
Read&Write offers a range of powerful support tools to help you gain confidence with reading, writing, studying and research, including:
- Text-to-speech to hear words, passages, or whole documents read aloud with easy-to-follow dual color highlighting
- Text and picture dictionaries to see the meaning of words explained
- With speech-to-text, dictate words to assist with writing, proofreading & studying
- Word prediction offers suggestions for the current or next word as you type
- Collect highlights from text in documents or the web for summarizing and research
- Create and listen to voice notes directly inside of Google Docs
- Simplify and summarize text on web pages to remove ads and other copy that can be distracting
Watch Video Here: https://youtu.be/w7h_J8fYXNc
Click the link to get the extension:
Teachers can get a FREE premium subscription to Read&Write for Google Chrome. To register and activate your subscription, go to texthelp.com/en-gb/products/read-write/free-for-teachers/ after installing the Read&Write for Google Chrome trial.
Earn your stripe:
Install the extension on your computer and/or student devices. Please note that you will also need to install the screenshot reader and PDF reader from read&write. Submit a picture of one of your students using the tool. Explain how this extension was used to enhance student learning.
Stripe Submitted by Melissa Winkler
Tags: ASSISTIVE-TECH, #CHROMEWS