PD With Code.org
PD With Code.org
- October 24, 2018
- Posted by: Tina Schuessler
PD With Code.org
In Person PD
New to computer science? No worries.
Code.org offers hands-on workshops and online support. Over 80,000 teachers have been through our professional development workshops and thousands more attend every month. Whether you’re brand new to computer science or an experienced tech teacher looking for the best way to use the Code.org curriculum, our Professional Learning Program is a great way to get started. And teachers love it! Over 90% rank it the best professional development ever.
Elementary School Professional Learning
- No previous experience needed – just bring your curiosity!
- One-day, no cost workshops designed for elementary classroom teachers, librarians, and tech-ed specialists.
- Experience our pedagogical approach to teaching CS, design your own implementation plan, and collaborate with local eductators. Plus, you get classroom supplies and some pretty sweet swag!
Middle and High School Professional Learning
- All teachers are welcome! No previous experience teaching computer science is needed.
- Ramp up with a 5-day summer workshop where you’ll work hands-on with the curriculum and meet other teachers from your area.
- Continue developing year round through follow-up workshops and community events.
International Professional Learning
Teachers anywhere in the world can use our free, self-paced online workshop to get started. The intended audience for this online workshop is primary school teachers.
At this point, our in-person workshops are only available in the United States, but the curriculum, lesson plans, tools, and support are available at no cost worldwide. And, join our forums to connect with other teachers for support, teaching tips, and best practices. Our forums are for teachers of all grade levels.
You can also contact our international partners for more information on local professional learning opportunities.
Attendees love our professional learning!
80,000 teachers have participated. 98% of attendees would recommend our program to another teacher. The majority of our workshop attendees rank it the best professional development ever.
Online, Self-Paced Courses for Teachers
In addition to our in-person professional development programs for Elementary, Middle and High School teachers, Code.org is pleased to offer free, self-paced online courses for teachers who wish to implement computer science curriculum in their classrooms. Below is a list of our current course offerings, which are available free of charge to any educator with a Code Studio account world wide.
Teaching Computer Science Fundamentals
Teaching Computer Science Fundamentals is intended as an introduction to computer science fundamentals and the Code.org K-5 resources for teachers. Through reading, viewing videos, completing interactive puzzles and reflecting on your learning, you’ll develop your own understanding while preparing to teach computer science in your classroom.
Through completing this online course, participants will:
- Learn the basics of computer science
- Review best practices for teaching these basics to your students
- Access free curriculum and resources for teachers
- Plan for how you might get started teaching Computer Science Basics
- Connect with a community of fellow educators who are making a positive change in their classrooms through coding
No previous experience with coding or computer science education is assumed. This is a beginner’s course.
Earn Your Stripe
- Attend a code.org workshop or complete all steps for an online PD self-paced lesson, take a screenshot of your completed lesson progress page or your attendance certificate.