Participate is an online professional development website that focuses on community and allows teachers to collaborate with educators all over the world on shared topics of interest, causes and passions.
Professional development for teachers
- Design and administer courses
- Complete one of our own to further develop your team’s skills
- Assess and improve performance through our unique expert peer review system
Curated teaching resources
- Browse thousands of resources by topic, grade level or standard to introduce into your classroom
- Share collections of your favorite strategies, activities and content ideas with other educators around the globe
- Host and join Twitter chats on a variety of topics, from edtech integrations to developing your professional learning network (PLN)
- Brainstorm ways to integrate technology into learning, develop your own professional learning network (PLN) and explore collaborative PD possibilities.
- Initiate a discussion or continue the conversation via these ed forums
- Expand upon concepts, pose questions and gather resources with your peers
- Recommend and upvote the comments, inquiries and content
- Issue and receive recognition for completed coursework and mastered skills through badging
- Develop microcredentials specific to the courses you’ve created to reflect your community’s accomplishments
Earn Your Stripe!
- Create an account on participate.com
- Find a community that you are interested in. There are many to choose from including Project Based Learning, Blended Learning, Integrating Technology, etc. Join the community.
- Within the community, various badges are offered. Complete all the requirements for a badge. The requirements are different for each badge but most include viewing lessons, reflecting on how to use the content in your own classroom, or implementing various ideas in your classroom. You will interact with another member of the Participate Community while working toward your badge.
- When you have completed a badge take a screenshot of the badge or submit the email that verifies that you have received the badge.