Create A Stripe (2018)
Do you want to see a stripe that isn’t currently on Cape Tiger Stripes? You can earn a Stripe while creating Stripes! New stripes should be student-centered unless it is related to a new PD opportunity that enhances instruction. Also, make sure that all required parts are included. Any submission without these will be automatically denied. No Stripe Smashing allowed!
Earn Your Stripes!
Now worth 5 points as requirements have changed.
- Submit a concept with the steps needed to complete the Stripe via a document. Be sure to include the following:
- Required: Title
- Possible Image for the Stripe
- Required: Step by step explanation and/or several resources that explain the concept. – ALL IMAGES MUST BE SUBMITTED AS ATTACHMENTS, NOT AS IMAGES WITHIN A DOCUMENT AS THESE IMAGES END UP “BREAKING”, INDICATE ON YOUR SUBMISSION WHAT IMAGE NAME GOES WHERE
- Required: An action item that allows implementors to show understanding with learners or for the benefit of students, preferably with a rubric or item completion list. This is the “Earn Your Stripes!” section.
- Required: A short excerpt of two sentences to explain the stripe. This could be the first part of the explanation.
- Required (NEW): Align the stripe to ISTE Standards and the SAMR model by copying the chart below, removing components (images and tags) that do not apply and inserting examples of how it fits each category. For every ISTE standard included, there should be one example. (See other stripes to see how the chart is used and view ISTE-SAMR Alignment to learn more. These are intended for tech tools/strategies. If the strategy can also be non-tech, please still include applicable standards/examples that can work with technology. If not, do not add the tech standards.)
- Required (NEW): IF your stripe contains apps in the Apple App Store (iOS – #IOS), Google Chrome Webstore (#CHROMEWS), and/or Google Play (Android – #GPLAY) stores, please include direct links to each of those apps in addition to the link to the web browser version. Also at the bottom, below the ISTE-SAMR Alignment are tags for the apps. If these tags are included, then they will be searchable by app platform.
- Required: Determine which of the three types of completion it will take to earn this stripe:
- Reviewed submission
- Nomination: one could create a stripe for which others could be nominated with no submissions, no completing steps.
- Completing steps: (other stripes), so one could combine them to earn a more substantial stripe such as the Engaging Strategies Quest Stripe.
Copy the content below for the ISTE/SAMR alignment and apps availability:
Alignment to the ISTE Standards and to SAMR is intended to help teachers understand the roles these technologies have in creating learning experiences. They are not meant to be concrete classifiers. Any other suggestions on the alignment of these may be forwarded to the Instructional Tech Dept. ISTE Standards for Students, ©2016, ISTE® (International Society for Technology in Education), iste.org. All rights reserved.
Tags: SAMR-S, SAMR-A, SAMR-M, SAMR-R, S, A, M, R, ISTE-EL, EMPOWERED LEARNER, ISTE-DC, DIGITAL CITIZEN, ISTE-CC, CREATIVE COMMUNICATOR, ISTE-KC, KNOWLEDGE CONSTRUCTOR, ISTE-ID, INNOVATIVE DESIGNER, ISTE-CT, COMPUTATIONAL THINKING, ISTE-GC, GLOBAL COLLABORATOR, ISTE-CC, CREATIVE COMMUNICATOR, #IOS, #GPLAY, #CHROMEWS