Microsoft Innovative Educator Expert
The Microsoft Innovative Educator (MIE) Expert program is an exclusive program created to recognize global educator visionaries who are using technology to pave the way for their peers in the effective use of technology for better learning and student outcomes.
These skills apply beyond the Microsoft platform. And they are chunked to remain simple and directly connected to a specific skill while stacking together broad skills connected to learning in the digital age.
MIE Experts help Microsoft to lead innovation in education. They advocate and share their thoughts on effective use of technology in education with peers and policy makers. They provide insight for Microsoft on new products and tools for education, and they exchange best practices as they work together to promote innovation in teaching and learning.
Be sure that you have joined the Microsoft Educator Community and completed your profile. You will need to submit the URL to your public profile as a part of the nomination process. You can find your URL by going into Edit Profile and looking under “basic information.”
Create a 2-minute video or Sway that answers the following questions in a manner that creatively expresses what makes you a Microsoft Innovative Educator Expert. To share the video/Sway in your nomination, you will need to post it somewhere that allows you to create a URL to share it.
– Why do you consider yourself to be a Microsoft Innovative Educator Expert?
– Describe how you have incorporated Microsoft technologies in innovative ways in your classroom. Include artifacts that demonstrate your innovation. Your examples should demonstrate that you have cultivated a strong 21st century teaching and learning environment.
– How have you impacted the learning and growth of your colleagues? Have you reached beyond your classroom to coach/support other teachers in their growth?
– If you become a MIE-Expert, how do you hope it will impact your current role in the next 12 months?
Once you have completed those three tasks, you will be ready to fill out the self-nomination form here:
Earn Your Stripe
- Submit below a screenshot of your email or your Microsoft Educator Community achievements page containing your Certified MIE-Expert badge.