Google Meet (also called Hangouts Meet) is a great tool in the GSuite family for video conferences and conference calls. And it can be used directly from Google Calendar.
Create a new event with a video meeting
When you add a guest to an event, a video meeting link and dial-in number are added automatically.
- Go to Google Calendar and create an event.
- Click Add guests and enter the email addresses.
- Click Add rooms, location, or conferencing and then Add conferencing.
- Click Save.
- Click Send to send the invites.
Guests receive an email or text with the event information and a link to the video meeting. Guests can forward the meeting link to other people. If someone tries to join who was not invited to the Calendar event, a meeting participant from your organization must accept their request.
If you need to access the meeting links or phone numbers and pins, click on the calendar event and click the edit icon. You can get the information for the call from there.
Attendee information to send to students/families
- Attendees will receive an email and a calendar event will be placed on their calendar.
- Attendees can either call into the phone number given or they can join the Meet link to do the live streaming audio/video conference.
- Attendees will need to allow video and audio to be shared if they are doing the streaming conference.
- Attendees will need to have access to the phone number and the pin in order to join via phone call.
Earn Your Stripe!
- Use Meet in the classroom or as a part of professional development.
- Take a screenshot and submit it below.
Alignment to the ISTE Standards and to SAMR is intended to help teachers understand the roles these technologies have in creating learning experiences. They are not meant to be concrete classifiers. Any other suggestions on the alignment of these may be forwarded to the Instructional Tech Dept. ISTE Standards for Students, ©2016, ISTE® (International Society for Technology in Education), iste.org. All rights reserved.
Tags: SAMR-R, R, ISTE-EL, EMPOWERED LEARNER, ISTE-CC, ISTE-DC, DIGITAL CITIZEN, CREATIVE COMMUNICATOR, ISTE-GC, GLOBAL COLLABORATOR, ISTE-KC, KNOWLEDGE CONSTRUCTOR