Apple describes clips as,
“Clips is a free app that lets you make fun videos to share with friends and family. With a few taps you can create and send a video message or tell a quick story with artistic filters, animated text, music, emoji, and fun stickers featuring characters from Star Wars, Disney, Pixar and more.
Videos made easy
• Clips lets you create videos in real time with simple controls — no timeline, tracks, or complicated editing tools
• Record video, take photos, or add them from your library
• Easily mute audio, adjust the length of your clips, and reorder them
• Drag and pinch while recording to add smooth pan and zoom animations to your photos and videos
• Add a music track from your library or choose from more than 60 built-in soundtracks that automatically adjust to the length of your video
• Create animated titles and captions using just your voice
• Captions are generated automatically as you speak and match the timing of your voiceover
• Easily change the style of your title, adjust text and punctuation, or add inline emoji
Artistic effects and filters
• Turn any photo or video into a moody painting, elegant pencil sketch, or comic book illustration*
• Add warmth, impact, or drama to videos and photos with a selection of filters from the Camera app
• Use effects and filters while recording or apply them to photos and videos from your library
Fun stickers, emoji, and posters
• Choose from dozens of animated stickers from Star Wars, Disney, and Pixar
• Add emoji, animated speech bubbles, shapes, and customizable text labels to your photos and video clips
• Use full-screen posters with animated backgrounds and customizable text to help tell your story
Selfie Scenes on iPhone X
• Make selfie videos on iPhone X that place you in animated, 360-degree scenes
• Choose from a dozen unique scenes from stylized landscapes to abstract art and even the Millennium Falcon from Star Wars: The Last Jedi
• Each scene is a 360-degree video that surrounds you on all sides as you move iPhone X
• Clips suggests people to share with based on who is in your video and whom you share with most often
• Tap a person in the share sheet to instantly send your video via Messages
• Send directly to Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, and other popular social media sites
• Use iCloud to view and edit all your Clips videos on any of your iOS devices
*iPhone 7 or later or 2017 iPad Pro required for some filters”
Watch this Step-by-Step guide.
Earn Your Stripe
- Have students create a video. Attach the link to at least one video students created and explain how you used it to further learning.
Alignment to the ISTE Standards and to SAMR is intended to help teachers understand the roles these technologies have in creating learning experiences. They are not meant to be concrete classifiers. Any other suggestions on the alignment of these may be forwarded to the Instructional Tech Dept. ISTE Standards for Students, ©2016, ISTE® (International Society for Technology in Education), iste.org. All rights reserved.
Tags: SAMR-M, M, SAMR-R, R, ISTE-EL, EMPOWERED LEARNER, ISTE-CC, ISTE-DC, DIGITAL CITIZEN, CREATIVE COMMUNICATOR, ISTE-GC, GLOBAL COLLABORATOR, ISTE-KC, KNOWLEDGE CONSTRUCTOR, CLIPS